Nupur Kundu specialized in Fine Arts from the College Of Arts, New Delhi, India and has been exhibiting her abstract works for almost two decades now.
- She has also achieved Sangeet Bhaskar in Indian Classical Dance (Kathak) from Chandigarh University and has performed on stage for eighteen years.
- She has been featured in India Today Magazines 30th Anniversary Issue amongst 30 young successful achievers turning Thirty (December 2005).
- Nupur is a recipient of the Indira Gandhi Priyadarshini Award for Fine Arts, 2008.
- She received the Junior Fellowship, Ministry Of Culture, Government of India, 2011 – 2013.
- Recipient of the Rajiv Gandhi Excellence Award for the Best Contemporary Artist of the Year, 2014.
- Honored with Indian Council for UN Relations Award in the field of Fine Arts, 2015.
- Chosen by Times of India Group to Judge their annual Durga Devi Namastute – Best Durga Puja in New Delhi, 2014.
- Nupur has also worked closely with special children by conducting workshops. She has held Multi Media workshops for the British Council of India; IFFCO; Tihar Jail, New Delhi. She has also judged various Art Competitions – For the Times of India (NIE); For Hindustan Times (PACE); At the Rashtrapati Bhawan for school children; YMCA; AAI (Airport Authority of India), Jindal Steel and All India Camlin Art Competition at Lucknow in 2011.
- She is a board member on the panel of SHOOBH NGO; Advisory Member on the board of Delhi Public School, Sirsa and a Board Member of the WCD (Women & Child Development) Committee of the PHD Chamber of Commerce
- She has had a number of Solo and Group Exhibitions both at National and International Level since 1996.
- The Artist works and lives in New Delhi.
Major Solo Exhibitions
- 2017 Calendar Launch – ‘Palette Scapes’ by Gallery Artistmind
- 2017 “Palette Scapes” by Gallery Artistmindz at J.W Marriot, Kolkata
- 2016 ‘Palette Scapes’ by NDTV at www.mojarto.com
- 2015 ‘Summer Seas’ by Apparao Galleries, at Magnolias, Gurgaon.
- 2014 ‘The Edge of Colour’ by Apparao Galleries at The Lodhi, New Delhi
- 2013 Recent Works at India Design Fair, New Delhi
- 2012 Shrishti Art Gallery, Hyderabad
- 2007 ‘The Furious Purity’ at Sumukha Art Gallery, Bangalore
- 2006 Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 2005 ‘Rhapsody in Space II’ at Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre by Art Alive Gallery, New Delhi
- 2005 ‘Couple Show’ at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- 2003 ‘Rhapsody in Space I’ at Art Alive Gallery and Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- 1999 Art Indus Gallery, Santushti Complex, New Delhi
- Taj Phalaknuma Heritage Hotel, Hyderabad, 2011
- Commissioned Mural, Event with Priety Zinta for LML, Vespa Scooty
- Series of 75 Oil on Canvas done for Trident Oberoi, Mumbai, 2006
- Three commission works for TAJ GVK hotel, Chandigarh in 2005, one of which is a single piece Oil on Canvas of dimensions 7ft by 22ft.
- Jindal Steel Mural Painting, 7 ft by 20 ft, 2005
- In Private Collections with Gallery ArtistMindz, Bhubaneswar, Odisha; Peter Mueller – Mueller & Plate Gallery, Munich, Germany; Padma Shri Anjolie Ela Menon; Salgaonkars, Goa; Uday Jain, Dhoomimal Art Gallery; Phd Chamber of Commerce; Air India; Bhubaneswar Airport, Odisha; Pheroza Godrej, Mumbai; Atul Kasbekar, Mumbai; SanteVita Hospital, Ranchi; K2K India, Sunita Kohli Architects; Bharat Shah, Mumbai; Ajay Devgn, Mumbai; Preity Zinta, Mumbai; Dr. William Myers, Chicago.
- 2013Standard Chartered by Aura Art, Mumbai; ‘Colours of Life’ by Dhoomimal and ‘The Round Table India’ at Le Meridian, New Delhi.
- 2009PlanUtsav Charity Auction by Plan India, MGF New Delhi.
- 2007 Tehelka – The Art for Freedom Auction, London
- 2006‘India on Canvas’ by ‘Khushi’, British High Commissioners Residence, New Delhi.
Art Workshops and Exchange Programs
- 2017 Udaipur Art Camp
- 2016 Art Melange Season I, Bhubaneswar, Odisha by Gallery ArtistMind
- 2016 Art for Impact by Reddys, Space Art Gallery at Hyderabad
- 2015 Workshop at IILM, Gurugram,
- 2014 Maitri – International Residency (Indo-Chinese Women) – Maitri, by ICCR, and Empowerment,Jaipur
- 2013 VAMA Women Artists Camp at IGNCA, New Delhi
- 2012 Mandu, Gwalior by Dhoomimal Gallery.
- 2011 Marve Annual Art Camp by RPG Group and Arts Trust, Mumbai; SAARC Artists Camp at Poovar, Kerala by ICCR and Seher.
- 2006 Open Skies’ by Air India & Seher at Canterbury, U.K; AIFACS and SKP , New Delhi, Shantiniketan, West Bengal
- 2005 Help for Tsunami Victims at Tivoli Gardens, New Delhi
- 2004 Hampi, Department of Tourism, Govt of India, Karnataka; Amby Valley Sahara Lake City, aharashtra; ‘Windscapes’, World Bamboo Congress, Ashoka Hotel, New Delhi
- 2004 CCMB Centre, Hyderabad by India Fine Art Mumbai
- 2000 – 1996 Surajkund Crafts Mela, Haryana; SKP, AIFACS, Artists for Kargil at New Delhi
Selected Group Exhibitions, National and International
- Rotary Foundation Centennial Ball at Taj Palace Hotel, New Delhi curated by Niten Mehta
- Samanvai Art Gallery, Jaipur
- Silent Spectacle, by Tao Art Gallery, Mumbai
- Spandan by Karma at Visual Art Gallery, New Delhi
- Feminine Unbound, Women’s Exhibition curated by Anjolie Ela Menon, compiled by Nupur Kundu for NDTV, www.mojarto.com
- ‘Expanding Metaphors’ at NDTV, Curated by Alka Raghuvanshi for NDTV, www.mojarto.com
- ‘Abstract Stories” at TAO Art Gallery, Mumbai
- ‘Five Elements’ by Veva Art at Pune
- ‘An Overwhelming Imagination’ by Art Konsult, New Delhi
- Women Artists show at Art Junction, New Delhi
- India Design Fair by K2 India, NSIC Grounds, Okhla, New Delhi
- Black and White at Lodhi Hotel by Apparao Gallerey, New Delhi
- 56th National Exhibition of Art, Rabindra Bhawan, Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- Indian Summer Exhibition at Albemarle Gallery London organized by TAO Mumbai
- ‘Let Me Live’ in aid of the NGO Nanhi Chhaan at Oberoi, Gurugram
- Four Person Show at Art Chill, Juneja Art Gallery, Jaipur
- National Exhibition of Contemporary Art, Nagpur by SCZCC
- The Indian Cancer Society Charity Exhibition at Hotel Palladium, Gallery Art and Soul, Mumbai
- Bidsvilla in Association with National Association of Blind, Hotel J W Marriott, Gurugram
- ‘Devotion’ by Art Positive Gallery, New Delhi
- VAMA, IGNCA, New Delhi
- Art Kettle Garden III at Gallery Annexe, India International Centre
- Samanvai Art Gallery at Stainless Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Maitri’ Exhibition at ICCR, India International Centre, New Delhi
- ‘ACHROME – One by One’ at India Fine Art, Mumbai
- ‘Magnetic Forms III’ at Art Konsult, New Delhi
- Nirbhaya Show at Dhoomimal Art Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Colours of Hope’ India- Pakistan Women Artists’ Exhibition by Empowerment at ICCR
- ‘Own an Original’ at Gallery Art and Aesthetics, New Delhi
- VAMA – Womens Exhibition on International Womens Day, Twin Art Galleries, IGNCA, New Delhi
- Art Zest, Dubai
- ‘Quad Set Go’ by TAD Arts, Visual Arts Gallery, New Delhi
- Art for Concern, Gurugram
- 54th National Exhibitiona of Art, Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- ‘Feminalle’ By Gallery Art Sastra at – Art Lounge, MGF Metropolitan, New Delhi
- Eight anniversary exhibition, Gallerie Sara Arakkal, Bangalore
- 52nd National Exhibition of Art, Lalit Kala Akademi, New Delhi in association with ICCR, Kolkata.
- Annual Exhibition, Indian art Circle, Visual Arts Gallery, IHC, New Delhi
- Workshop held for EEE at Tihar Jail, New Delhi
- Exhibition by Nitanjali Art Gallery at Mumbai, Dubai
- 15th Asian Adana Bienale organized by Gallerie Sara Arakkal at Turkey
- Four Steps Charity School, curated by Elizabeth Rogers for Nitanjali art Gallery at Stainless Gallery, New Delhi
- Plan Utsav’s Charity Auction by Plan India, at Manre, MGF Mall, New Delhi, January
- Participation in India Art Fair by Dhoomimal Art Gallery, Pragati Maidan, Okhla, New Delhi
- ‘Deep in Black’, Mueller and Plate Gallery, Munich, Germany
- “Continuum”, by Udayan Care, Hyatt Regency Hotel, New Delhi
- “Canvas 2008” Group show by Legends of India, Kolkata
- “Tiranga” at Rashtrapati Bhawan, Independence Day Celebrations
- “Dhoomimal through the Ages”, New Delhi, Nov
- “Emerging India” by Art Alive Gallery at Royal College of Art, Henri Moore Gallery, London
- Galerie Sara Arakkal’s Fourth anniversary Show, Bangalore
- “High On art” by YaWeDo International, Visual Arts Gallery, Delhi
- TEHELKA – The Art for Freedom Auction, London
- “Paper-Love”, at India Fine Art, Mumbai
- Auction by PLANutsav, Grand Hyatt Hotel, Mumbai
- Group show by Kalakriti Arts, Dubai
- ‘Corporate Colours’, Workshop held for IFFCO organized by Udayan Care, New Delhi
- ‘India on Canvas’ Auction by ‘Khushi’, British High Commissioners Residence, Delhi
- ‘Digressing Domains’, L.K.A by Nitanjali Art Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Celebrating India’, commemorating 150 yrs of India’s freedom struggle, TRYO, Travancore Art Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Devotion’ by Art Positive Gallery, Visual Art Gallery, Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- ‘Muskaan’ by Art Indus Gallery, L.K.A, New Delhi
- ‘Water show’ at Cymroza Art gallery, Mumbai, August
- Concern India Foundation, Bangalore
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture Annual Show, Kolkata
- ‘Timeless Art’, Singapore
- ‘Give me Red’, Polka Art Gallery, New Delhi
- Annual Show, DMG Mega Art Complex at visual art gallery
- Art Pilgrim’s Charity group show for Thallesemia patients,Visual Art Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Roop Vidhan’ – Expressions in Abstract’ at Art Alive Gallery New Delhi
- Colours of Healing, Art Junction, Intercontinental The Grand, New Delhi
- Embrace – Sewa Ashram School, at Hotel Intercontinental Eros, Nehru Place by Chawla Art Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Devotion’, Visual Art Gallery, India Habitat Centre by Gallery Art, New Delhi
- ‘People in Progress’ at AIFACS, New Delhi
- Lines & Colours from Rajdhani, Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkata
- Celebrating 7th anniversary of Art Junction, Intercontinental The Grand, New Delhi
- Group show by Roerich Art Society at The Russian Centre of Art & Culture, New Delhi
- Annual Show, DMG Mega Art complex, New Delhi
- Charity Show, Shangri-La Hotel for Earthquake victims at Trident Inter-Continental Hotel, Gurugram
- “The Feminine Eye” celebrating Women Artist’s Fortnight, Galerie Sara Arakkal, Bangalore
- ‘Art for Vision’, Sankara Nethralaya at LKA, New Delhi
- Ravi Jain Memorial Foundations 12th year celebration DMG Mega Art complex, New Delhi
- Indian Artists for France, charity show at Alliance Francoise, New Delhi
- Akar Prakar, Kolkata by Chitrangan & Rotary Club of Kolkata
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkatta
- Sahitya Kala Parishad’s12th Yuva Mahotsava,Bal Bhawan, New Delhi
- ‘Duets’, Habiart Gallery, New Delhi
- ‘Kite- A celebration of Freedom’, Dhoomimal Art Centre, New Delhi
- Ajanta Art Gallery, Azad Bhawan, ICCR, New Delhi, Russian Centre of Art & Culture, New Delhi
- Visual Art Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi by Art Alive Gallery
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture, Kolkatta
- Two Person Show at Jehangir Art Gallery, Mumbai
- Stree Shakti, Habiart Foundation, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- Monsoon, Hotel Inter-Continental, New Delhi
- ‘Art with Heart’ for CRY, Dubai
- Women Artists, Arpana Art Gallery, New Delhi
- Art & Artifice by Om Gallery at Shridharani Gallery, New Delhi
- Small Format Works, Art Today, New Delhi
- ‘Artists for Kargil’ by ‘Cinemaya’, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi
- Two Person Show at Surya Gallery, Hyderabad
- Masters for a Child by ‘Ashraya’, Dubai
- Visual Arts Gallery, India Habitat Centre, New Delhi by Arushi Arts
- Charity show, Art Today, New Delhi.
- People for Animals by Maneka Gandhi, Taj Palace, New Delhi
- Akarshan Gallery, Hauz Khaz village, New Delhi
- Summer Group Show, Swastika Art Gallery, New Delhi
- 10th National Kala Mela, Bal Bhawan,
- 12 artists from College of Art, LKA, New Delhi
- Yuva Mahotsava, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Dilli Haat
- Avantika Group Show, Lalit Kala Academy, New Delhi
- South Asian Youth Exhibition, Dimapur, Nagaland